Hoopla Autographed Jersey Giveaway
By participating, you agree that:
- MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES AND AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD AT TIME OF ENTRY. SWEEPSTAKES IS SUBJECT TO ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL LAWS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- Entry Period: The Big Hoopla Inc. (fka First Four Events Inc.) (“FFE”) “Hoopla Autographed Jersey Giveaway” (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at 8:00 a.m. (ET) on Friday, February 13, 2015 and ends at 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Saturday, February 28, 2015 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on February 28, 2015.
- Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States. Entrants must be at least eighteen (18) years of age or older at time of entry and have an active email account and internet access during the entirety of the Sweepstakes Period. Employees of FFE and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings), the Local Organizing Committee and its affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, predecessors, successors, sponsors, advertising agencies and third party fulfillment agencies and their respective representatives, agents, employees, shareholders, officers, directors, members, managers, and assigns (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible to enter this Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by FFE and by the decisions of the Sweepstakes Entities, which are final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; (b) release and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities from all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity (including without limitation, any travel or activities related to acceptance and/or use of any Prize), and/or from entrants’ acceptance, receipt, use or misuse of any Prize (as defined in Section 8); and (c) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules.
- Sweepstakes Overview: Two (2) prize winners will be selected randomly following the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Period (the “Prize Winner”). The odds of winning the Prize depend on the number of Eligible Entries (as defined in Section 5) received.
- Online Entry Only: To enter the Sweepstakes, an eligible entrant must purchase at least 2 tickets to the 2015 NCAA First Four during the Sweepstakes Period (the “Purchase”) and retain a copy of his/her receipt. Entrant must then submit the receipt requested by Sponsor (as defined in Section 13) via electronic e-mail to [email protected] Once submitted, the entrant will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. All entries submitted in accordance with these Official Rules will be referred to as the “Eligible Entries.” Limit one entry per person.
In the event of a dispute over who submitted a winning Eligible Entry electronically, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to submit an Eligible Entry and participate in this Sweepstakes at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The authorized account subscriber is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, education, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. All entries become the property of FFE and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- Prize Winner Selection/Notification: The Prize Winner will be randomly selected on or about March, 1, 2015 at 12:00 p.m. (ET) from among all of the Eligible Entries received. FFE will make up to two (2) attempts over the 48-hour period following the selection of the Prize Winner to contact each potential Prize Winner via the email address provided on his/her entry form. If a potential Prize Winner does not claim the Prize during the 48-hour period in which he/she is emailed, then the potential Prize Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Prize Winner will be randomly selected from among the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received, if time permits.
- Prize Winner Verification: The potential Prize Winner must prove eligibility, including without limitation proof of age and residence within five (5) days of being notified as a potential Prize Winner. In the event of non-compliance by a potential Prize Winner of these Official Rules, such potential Prize Winner will be disqualified and will forfeit all rights and claims in the Prize and an alternative potential Prize Winner will be randomly selected from among the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received. To be eligible to win the Prize, the potential Prize Winner must sign and return within three (3) days of receipt of such documents from FFE: (a) an affidavit of eligibility and release of the Sweepstakes Entities from all liabilities, losses, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury, damage, theft, loss, and any other harm suffered or that might be suffered, directly or indirectly, in connection with this Sweepstakes and/or the possession, use/misuse, and/or acceptance of the Prize or any portion thereof; and (b) except where prohibited by law, a promotional release granting the Sweepstakes Entities the right to use the potential Prize Winner’s name, likeness, address, photograph, videotape and/or statements for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation. Entry into this Sweepstakes constitutes agreement to sign such releases. The Prize Winner also must acknowledge that the Sweepstakes Entities have not and will not obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to the Prize and that Prize Winner will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any life, travel, accident, property or other forms of insurance relating to the Prize and any taxes and expenses relating to the Prize Winner’s claiming, receiving, owning, or using the Prize. The Prize Winner must also complete any additional legal documents provided by FFE (or third party on its behalf, if applicable) with respect to the Prize and return them as instructed within the timeframe specified by FFE. Failure to comply with the requirements set forth in this Section 7 might result in forfeiture of the Prize as determined in FFE’s sole discretion. All decisions of FFE relating to this Sweepstakes are final and non-negotiable.
- Prize: The Prize Winners will each receive one (1) NBA Player Autographed replica jersey chosen by FFE, in FFE’s sole discretion (the “Prize”).
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in these Official Rules, all details of the Prize will be at FFE’s sole discretion, including without limitation color, features, autograph identity, and team. The Prize does not include anything other than as specifically set forth in these Official Rules. If the Prize Winner is unable to accept the Prize for any reason, such Prize Winner’s privileges and Prize will be terminated and an alternative Prize Winner will be randomly selected from the remaining Eligible Entries. Other restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. The Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right, but are not obligated, to cancel or modify this Sweepstakes in their sole discretion and may award a substitute prize of comparable or greater value.
The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Prize is $299.00.
The ARV of the Prize is subject to change based on market conditions. Any difference between the ARV and the actual value, if any, will not be awarded. If, for any reason the Sweepstakes Entities are unable to provide the Prize, the Sweepstakes Entities’ only obligation is to award a substitute prize of comparable or greater value including without limitation cash equivalent, as determined in the Sweepstakes Entities’ sole discretion.
THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES MAKE NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE ACCEPTANCE AND/OR USE OF THE PRIZE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ITS/THEIR QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- General Prize Terms: Arrangements for fulfillment of the Prize will be made by FFE. The value of the Prize will be taxable to the Prize Winner as income. The Prize Winner must supply FFE with his/her social security number for tax purposes. IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of the Prize Winner for the ARV of the Prize received. Upon entry into this Sweepstakes, all entrants are required to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the responsibility of the Prize Winner. The Sweepstakes Entities will have no responsibility or obligation to any Prize Winner or potential Prize Winner who is unable or unavailable to accept or utilize the Prize as described in these Official Rules.
- General Terms: Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY POTENTIAL PRIZE WINNER OR PRIZE WINNER OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY ANY POTENTIAL PRIZE WINNER OR PRIZE WINNER THAT WILL BRING SUCH PRIZE WINNER OR ANY OF THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES INTO DISREPUTE (IN SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES’ SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH PRIZE WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A PRIZE WINNER OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS PRIZE WINNER WILL IMMEDIATELY AND AUTOMATICALLY TERMINATE.
The Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for incomplete, incorrect, or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment, software, or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any human, mechanical, or electronic error that might occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of this Sweepstakes, errors in processing entries, identifying the Prize Winner or in the announcement of any Prize or Prize Winner. If, for any reason, this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sweepstakes Entities which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, FFE reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes. Should this Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on daytonhoopla.com during the Sweepstakes Period and the Prize may be awarded to a winner to be selected from among all Eligible Entries received up until the time of modification, cancellation or termination or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by FFE in its sole discretion. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by FFE are final. FFE reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual they suspect or find (a) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of this Sweepstakes, or (b) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. THE COURTS IN OHIO (STATE AND FEDERAL) WILL HAVE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF OHIO WILL GOVERN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities from all liability resulting or arising from this Sweepstakes, hereby release all rights to bring any claim, action, or proceeding against the Sweepstakes Entities, and hereby acknowledge that Sweepstakes Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prize.
- Request for Name of Prize Winner and Official Rules: All requests for a copy of these Official Rules and/or for the name of the Prize Winner must be made by March 12, 2015, by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
First Four Events, Inc. dba The Big Hoopla
“Hoopla Autographed Jersey Giveaway”
40 N. Main Street, Suite 900
Dayton, Ohio 45423
All requests for a copy of these Official Rules and/or for the names of the Prize Winner must be made by March 12, 2015. Please note on the front left-hand corner of your outer envelope whether you are requesting “Official Rules” and/or the name of the “Prize Winner”.
- LIMITATION ON LIABILITY. THE RAFFLE ENTITIES ARE NOT LIABLE, IN ANY EVENT (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY ENTRANT’S, PRIZE WINNER’S, POTENTIAL PRIZE WINNER’S, OR THIRD PARTY’S USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE PRIZE OR ANY SUBSTITUTE PRIZE PERMITTED IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES), FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR INDIRECT DAMAGES OR EXPENSES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOST PROFITS AND SAVINGS), EVEN IF THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES WERE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF THE OCCURRENCE OF SUCH DAMAGE.
- Sponsor: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by First Four Events, Inc., an Ohio nonprofit corporation (“Sponsor”). The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with, the National Collegiate Athletic Association (the “NCAA”), the NCAA Men’s Division I Basketball Championship, the National Basketball Association, the NBA or any other individual or organization.